Friday 6 March 2009

What do I do?

..What do I have to do to make my site a lot more appealing? Surely the design and look of a site can only do so much for traffic. I really need to start thinking about what I look for in websites that keeps me visiting their site and always leaving feeling a lot more content. The effect I am looking for here to decrease bite rate. When I manage to free some time for my website, I think I might have to evaluate the content on my pages and lang pages as well.

Recently at work there have been a few colleagues who have shown interest in the websites that I generate for a website (
www.rcgp.org.uk) asking me about what certain terms mean in the stats generated for their viewings. This has given me the chance to actually learn answers to their questions and on the positive I LEARN SOMETHING NEW. As I've had to visit websites and find out what these termilogies mean and find out how they affect a website and it's traffic/ viewing.

Why am I talking about statistics? I hear you asking me..Well my dear reader..it'ss because from these statistics I can find out which pages are showing to be rather popular andthose that aren't. I can then look at the pages that are and aren't popular and try and implement some good changes onto the boring (less viewed) pages. This is a term I hope I managed to use in the correct term is called "Optimization". If I'm wrong please correct me and I will be glad to change this.

Stay tuned for probable changes on
my website viewers. I now have a practical to attend to.

Keep well and have a great weekend.
Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment